Ok, I have received many positive comments about this functionality that I posted about before regarding the auto refreshing of either a home page dashboard or an individual dashboard when a user simply visits the page.
I know that Salesforce offers the ability to schedule dashboards, but this is really to be used in the case of an organization having MANY dashboards and a Salesforce.com Administrator not wanting to schedule hundreds of dashboard refreshes.
I am going to provide this useful code for you to use for free. This is once again a very simple piece of code, but somewhat useful and unique.
1) Create an S-Control called whatever you’d like. I called mine “Auto Refresh Dashboard.”
2) Paste in this code:
3) Create a Home Page Component of type “HTML Area.”
4) Click “Show HTML”
5) Paste in the following code:
<code lang="html"><iframe name="rss_iframe" src="/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=XXXXXXXXXX&ic=1" width="0%" height="0"></iframe></code>
6) Replace XXXXXXXXXX with the Salesforce.com record ID of the S-Control that you created above.
7) Add this home page component to your home page layout.
Now, the home page dashboard will always automatically refresh when Users visit their home page, preventing confusion by keeping data up to date!
Posted in dashboards, S-Controls, Salesforce.com | 11 Comments »